Laitek founder Fred Behlen Ph.D. holds many notable industry posts, including:
- Past co-chair of the DICOM-HL7 joint working groups (DICOM Working Group 20 / HL7 Imaging Integration SIG) and of the HL7 Structured Documents Technical Committee
- Co-Editor of the HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA)
- Active in DICOM and HL7
Laitek Quality Standards & Interoperability Consultant Dr. Doug Sluis Ph.D. with twenty years of experience developing medical standards and products with standards interoperability, remains committed to industry standards and serving in various roles such as:
- DICOM, IHE, HL7, vocabulary coding systems (SNOMED, LOINC, UCUM, CPT, ICD-9)
- Founding chair of DICOM Working Group 17 (3D) and past chair of and WG12 (Ultrasound)
- Diagnostic imaging acquisition systems, procedure reporting, and cardiovascular medical registries
Laitek interoperability consultant Harry Solomon is past Co-Chair of the DICOM Standards Committee, and principal author of Sup223. He has been involved in the development of DICOM since 1993, and has taught graduate courses in healthcare interoperability and standards at Northwestern University and at Oregon Health & Science University
Harry championed work completed in 2022 on DICOM Supplement 223: Repository Query, Inventory IOD, and Related Services.
Sup223 adds a new set of features and services to the DICOM Standard to create and manage a complete inventory of the PACS archive that is application independent.
“Application independent” means the data is in a DICOM Standard format and is not tied to the proprietary PACS database – it could be read by any DICOM-conformant application supporting this new feature